Factory subwoofer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
michael, that is my project by the way. I strongly suggest that you find a used wire harness if at all possible. When I created the project the wire harness was less than $15.00. Is is not close to $75.00 for the exact same harness.

Just out of curiosity, what's considered "decent price" for one of these? I might be inclined to buy one, if I can figure out how to make it work with the stereo & amp I had installed. Darn amp took up the room under the rear passenger side I could have used for a sub.

From other members at this site the subs go for 50 to 60 dollars. Ad the wire harness for a 75 dollar package.

Do a search on the swap and sell board you will see that I am pretty accurate...

I didn't mean to attack your price or anything, sorry if I did.

I was just trying to give what I believe to be honest and correct information...

The amp just goes right next to the sub. Its maybe only 4x6. It shouldnt be too hard to hook up. The hardest part will be running the harness.

Last edited by a moderator:
The amp is bolted to the sub. When you buy the sub, the amp should come with it.

The harness is not too bad to install. It took me about an hour and 15 minutes to do everything.

The harness alone will take about 20 minutes max.

Latest posts