Factory Sub Wiring

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, that is not to say you can't add it. I did. Click on my wrench and it will take you to my project. The info there will help you do some digging..

To clarify...

You may have the wiring from the radio to the passengers kick panel, but you will not have it from the kick panel to the sub.

And not all of the Trac's have it from the radio to the passengers kick panel.

Once again, open my project and the pictures will help you see what you are looking for...

I have the factory sub hooked up to a Premier f90bt with the door speakers amplified. Although the factory sub sounds pretty good at moderate volume it gets overwhelmed at high volume. In other words it wont thump.

Also I get a poping sound from my sub when the car is turned on, My understanding is that there is a problem with the voltage and you need to install some sort of resistor in the line.

I have a 700BT that I just purchased. I bought the special harness so I can hook it up to my factory woofer for now. At some point I will get rid of the factory woofer and buy a large one that I can fit under the passenger seat. I was told the same as you though that it does sound alright, but doesn't have an earth shattering thump.