Factory Remote Keyless Entry Module

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Grady

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where the factory remote entry module is located? I bought my Trac used and it didn't come with key fobs. I want to know if this option was installed on my Trac.

If it is not installed, how tough would it be for me to install a factory Ford system? I know there are a few after market options; however, I would like to use Ford parts. My dealer is charging $599 to install...

Any help?

Is there a key pad on the driver side door? It's not absolute, but I suspect that if there is a keypad on the door, then it came with remote door lock.

No keypad on the door...

I have a set of Ford Key fobs that a buddy gave me. I tried to program them, but, they didnt work...Could this be from a missing fuse?

It would be nice to know if the unit was actually installed...

Its a manual transmission, which means that it probably came without the keyless entry package, unless it was installed after the fact. A good way to tell is if you do perform the steps in the manual to program the fobs, and you get neither the confirmation flashes or honks. Most of the manual transmissions came with the value package, which is pretty much cloth non-power seats, non-premium rims, non-leather black steering wheel, and lack of other amenities such as keyless entry.

Not having the amenities, think of it as your opportunity to improve on the factory installed options. I reccommend an aftermarket keyless entry system or even an alarm package. Cheaper and not that hard to install yourself if you are willing.

Good to see another manual tran owner on here btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the helpful info Tabjo!

My manual ST is pretty stripped down, although it does have the premium wheels! I love driving a stick...I was sold when I took it out for a test drive. I got a great deal 'cause nobody wanted a manual tranny...Go figure!

Is there a specific aftermarket keyless entry system that you would recommend?

The one I installed in mine was the crimestopper keyless entry. It cost about $35 off of ebay plus s/h. Here's the project I did a while back, admittedly it could have been written better: <a href="http://www.mysporttrac.com/mysporttrac/projects/keyless/KeylessEntryInstall.pdf">Keyless Entry</a>

Oh, an addendum to my project. I realized later that I did not have to drill through the firewall but could have cut a slit through one of the existing grommets to get the wires into the engine bay. Oh well, live and learn.

The keyless entry system I bought four years ago was an older model and more of a pain because I needed additional relays and to cut wires, but even then it wasn't very hard to install. I bought another newer model for my sister's SUV and it was much nicer and had the relays built in, no need to cut wires, just tap splice in.

Here's one that comes with an alarm on ebay for $24.95 + $12.43 s/h:

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/Crimestopper-CS2000-II-Car-Alarm-Keyless-Entry-System_W0QQitemZ130052594787QQihZ003QQcategoryZ33721QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem">http://cgi.ebay.com/Crimestopper-CS2000-II-Car-Alarm-Keyless-Entry-System_W0QQitemZ130052594787QQihZ003QQcategoryZ33721QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem</a>

Hope this helps, and enjoy your truck!

Last edited by a moderator: