factory alarm?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick caceres

Reaction score
i was at a bar tonight playing pool with a buddy of mine when i see people looking outside. i go see and my truck is honking it's horn and flashing it's lights as if i had an alarm. i ask what happened and someone said they saw a drunk girl around it. no smashed windows, dents, or other signs of entry. all i have is the standard keyless entry, which i was under the impression didn't work as an alarm. i had to get in and put the key in the ignition for the lights and horn to stop going off, this is wierd to me, can anyone help me out?

Yeah, I do that quite often on all my cars. I also accidentially "pop" the trunklid on my wife's Monte Carlo SS.

Gary
:lol:

no no, lol. i checked! lmaoo

i tryed pressing the buttons on my keyless fob and it wouldn't turn off. only when i put my key in the ignition..

My '05 has a factory alarm. That's why we have a keyfob... it's not just for locking/unlocking your doors.

Nope, none of the ST's came with a 'factory alarm' some might have a 'dealer installed' alarm, but from the factory all they have is the panic-button on the key fob.

Let me guess...you were playing pool, ST keys with fob in your front jean pockets. You either lean up against the table, or bend over for a shot and the panic button gets engaged.

That's probably what happened.

Latest posts