Factory Alarm

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Lamb

Reaction score
just a quick question about the factory alarm if say a thief smash's my window then hits the unlock button will the alarm go off i know if the window is open and i reach in and open the door with the alarm on it will go off but if i hit the unlock button first it turns the alarm off, but does the window have a sensor in it so that when its smashed the alarm will go off? just curious because as i start to put more electronics in my truck i want to make sure its safe and i dont have to much faith in the factory alarm so i think i should get an aftermarket one. What do you guys think.

Last edited by a moderator:
The ST does not come with a factory alarm. The only theft protection it has is the PATS system which requires coded keys to start the vehicle. The only way to get the truck to beep is to hit the panic button on your remote. If you have an alarm that goes off it was either dealer installed or aftermarket.

No sensor, and, If I am not mistaken, there is a time delay on the unlock button.

By that, after ten minutes or so, the inside door lock buttons become nonoperational. It requires some sort of action to re-activate them.

For example, use the key FOB or the remote entry pad on the door.

Test me, lock your Trac just like normal, however, have the window down.

Give it thirty minutes, reach in thru the window and see if you can unlock the door using the door lock button. Pretty sure you will find you can not..

There is no glass break detect on the factory alarm, just tamper. A little kid that was over one day tried to open my locked door, which sent it into alarm. It isn't the best in the world, just your basic OEM alarm that piggybacks on the remote unlock circuit.

Coastiejoe,

I tested your theory on locking the doors with the window down and waiting 10 to 30 min(probably more I was on my lunch break) and reaching through the window to unlock. I unlocked no problem. BTW I have an 07, so not sure what year your were referring to.

Latest posts