Explain this!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Ellis

Reaction score
Web Time Stamps Indicate Benoit Death Reported About 14 Hours Before Police Found Bodies.

An anonymous user operating a computer traced to Stamford, Conn. — home to World Wrestling Entertainment — posted an entry to pro wrestler Chris Benoit's biography on Wikipedia.org announcing the death of his wife Nancy about 14 hours before police in suburban Atlanta said they found her body along with her husband's and that of their 7-year-old son, FOXNews.com has learned.

My guess is that Benoit killed his wife and child and then messaged someone to say that he would not be at the event and then later killed himself. That seems to jive with what the authorities found. However certainly this "anonymous" poster needs to be found and questioned.

I'm a police officer in a city within the same county where Benoit lived (he actually used to live in our city). The details of this story are SICK. This is actually the first I've heard about the posting to his biography, though...most of what I've heard was second hand stuff originating from officers on scene. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing he did right was killing himself afterwards. Pure speculation here, but I'm guessing he told someone about what he had done, and they were probably trying to convince him to turn himself in or something, but wanted to get the "scoop" on the story. In the meantime, he took his own life.

Spent 12 hours on the road yesterday with XM all the way, IMO.....Benoit IM'd somebody at WWE headquarters with what he did, they posted it on Wiki, not realizing that no one called the cops yet.