Expedition or not

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j Schmidty

Reaction score
So, I have an opportunity to trade my sport trac (01 job 2, 108k mi, 4x4, good condition) for a 99 expedition. The trac is getting too small for the growing family. What does anybody know about the 1999 Expedition (5.4L V8, 105k mi)? I don't know if it is 4x4 or 2x4. Anything that would make this a bad trade for me? Thanks for any insights.

What trim level is the Expy? The only real downside with the 99s are the fact that the 5.4 until 03 had a tendency to launch plugs. We had an 02 Eddie Bauer, it was pretty much problem free and provided a roomy and comfortable ride.

Without a look at the vehicle it's too hard to tell. The Expeditions are hit or miss they are either in good shape or bad shape, doesn't seem to be any middle ground. Personally I think it has too many miles on it to get any good service out of it unless you are willing to shell out the $$$ to fix it as it breaks adn at 105k it's the little things that are going to nickel and dime you to death if the front suspension isn't already toast on it.

I know that the truck just got new boots and plugs, not sure if that engine still has a tendency to launch plugs or if it is OK after replacing them once. Apparently this really is common.

Latest posts