Exhaust

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHRIS DAVIS 2

Reaction score
just a quick question is there anyway to get a beefier sound out of your exhaust without spending alot. anything at all that sounds good.

Remove the muffler and cats and dump it out the side. That'll get ya a little louder without costing much.

I have a Flowtech Raptor Muffler ($20 from Napa), Flowtech Dual Resonated Tip ($35 from Advance Auto) and straight out the back ($50 from a local muffler shop). There are sound clips in my library. They were recorded about a week after the install. It sounds alot better now. Low growl when reving, nice tone when taking off, and very little cabin noise. Let me know and I can e-mail pics to you when I get home.;)

I did the exhaust mod first, flowmaster series 40 single in single out, and piped it out the side in front of the rear wheel. Got a decent sound for about 120.00, basically had to pay for the muffler and stainless tip, which was more $$ than the muffler.

But when I added the random tech Y pipe it made it sound incredible.

People think I have a V-8 in it.

Latest posts