Exhaust

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Hightshue

Reaction score
Getting ready to open up the exhaust. what would be the best muffler (perf + sound, more sound than anything argh:cool: argh :cool:argh:cool:) and where is the best price for this. Wanting single in double out, and what size am I looking for on my '01 ST

sound...... flowmaster..... baffles = better sound...

performance .... magnaflow..... no baffles = better performance

troy

Want sound...

No muffler, y-pipe, out the side.

I've since removed one more catalytic converter.

Jim,

I would definitely the flowmaster 40 series delta flow. Go with single 2.5" inlet and dual 2.25" outlets. Also remember to remove the resonator and have the shop install the muffler as far back as possible! This is a nice loud sound. Later on you can install a y-pipe which removes the 2 pre-cats, improves performance, and makes more sound :)

A nice custom setup with tips and everything is not going to be cheap. Mine cost about $500 but if the shop knows what they are doing it is definitely worth it.

George

Jeff C all you have is a Y-pipe and 1 cat? does that pass your inspection? is it so loud that police could potentially pull you over for noise violation? and how much did that operation run u?!

No inspection in AL. It's quieter than most of the lifted trucks around here that run straight pipes. I really want to get the JBA headers and see how loud it is then.

Y-pipe = $300

Exhaust = $120

Removing a cat = $25 cash

Va is a royal pain in the rear about inspections/noise. Which puts a damper on things. But yours sounds great I would have guessed it was a V-8.

Latest posts