European Meet in Poland (Back on)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Please read the following with the respect intended...

A little advice for all...please don't take things so personally.

To the new owners, that especially means you. If people critique the site, or your posts as admins, and they do so in a respectful way, then you as professionals have to keep it civil and not do anything that could be questioned. Think of this site as Caesar, and you as Caesar's wife. "Caesar's wife must be beyond reproach!" as the old saying goes.

That's why I mentioned what I mentioned when George discussed Nelson's donation status. Simply put, it wasn't the right decision to make (dead horse, I know). Yes, that's my opinion, and ultimately as site owners you guys can do whatever you want and talk to people however you want, but as I said you of all people have to hold yourself to the highest standards. I hope you assumed such would be the case when you took on the responsibility of running/owning the site.

Highest standards means not taking things personally and not making things personal. I have seen responses lately where clearly things are being taken personally by the admins. If that is the case, I suggest taking the responses off-line if you feel attacked. Making things personal is never a good thing. I;ve seen the admins guilty of that as well. For you guys it has to be a business. Business should not be personal, and it sucks being in business and dealing with a-holes, but a smile goes a long way.

Now, with that said, people also can't be petty and people should be respectful and NOT push the buttons of the site owners and operators. We've all been here long enough to know just how to push those buttons, whether they be of another member or a site admin.

Lastly, this whole notion that "ST Owners" are somehow more valid and a have more worthy opinion is something that I think is hurting this site. I no longer own an ST for reasons that are my own, but I was, and still am an enthusiast...and may one day again be an owner. If you guys want this to be some happy little click for owners that gather, virtually hold hands and sing “Ford Kumbaya” songs then I suggest making the mission of the site clear to that purpose.

However, to really go down such a road would mean removing OT threads, removing “FoMoCo Issues”, and “Warranty”, and “Reliability” and all other such threads. Heck, you would probably even have to remove all “Mod” and “Aftermarket” related threads, because why would anyone change a “perfect” vehicle.

Yes, I am being a little sarcastic in my closing, but my point is that there is more value in having an open community where everyone is respectful and every opinion is considered and not pre-judged…again, IMHO.

TJR

However, to really go down such a road would mean removing OT threads, removing “FoMoCo Issues”, and “Warranty”, and “Reliability” and all other such threads. Heck, you would probably even have to remove all “Mod” and “Aftermarket” related threads, because why would anyone change a “perfect” vehicle.

Many websites do have admin wienies that spend hours a day removing posts that are negative on their vehicle. You say something negative like "Ford Sucks" and within a minute or two, the post is gone. You say how much better you like a Toyota over a Honda and that post will be gone too.

That is what I like most about this website. We can argue about anything we want and it is allowed. Some websites will delete a post as soon as you say, "I had that same problem with my Volvo". Even if you had the answer to the problem, you started to go off topic and the post is gone.

Tom

Nelson, I am glad it's back on! and even if you get the only two ST owners to come THAT'S OK, the thing is they have something in common and you also have something in common with them and you meet new friends far away from your homeland! :)

my point is that there is more value in having an open community where everyone is respectful and every opinion is considered and not pre-judged…

I agree,

remember, maybe the owner of the thread or post doesnt quite mean it like it is coming across. That is soo important to remember!

NOW LETS ALL HAVE F U N!!!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
If you guys want this to be some happy little click for owners that gather, virtually hold hands and sing “Ford Kumbaya” songs then I suggest making the mission of the site clear to that purpose.

LOL. I was wondering what the chat room was for. Now it has a purpose.

Admins, we need a simley of two holding hands!

I tried a different HTML Tag and it did not work.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay. All together now:

Kumbaya, my Ford, kumbaya

O Ford, kumbaya

Someone’s laughing, Ford, kumbaya

O Ford, kumbaya

Someone’s crying, Ford, kumbaya

O Ford, kumbaya

:D

Now someone with a good voice should record it to MP3 so the admins can make it part of the home page where it plays every time someone visits. :lol:

Nelson--If they complete the Holland Tunnel (connecting New York City and, well, HOLLAND) before then, so I can actually drive my ST to your ST meet, I'll be there. :lol::D

Good luck with your mini-meet!

Latest posts