Ethenol SUCKS!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish there were more E85 stations not less. I guess its just me but I would rather pay more for less milage to support our farmers here in the US then buy 87 octain and line the pockets of some forign dictator but thats just me.

I wish there were more E85 stations not less. I guess its just me but I would rather pay more for less milage to support our farmers here in the US then buy 87 octain and line the pockets of some forign dictator but thats just me.

Farmers aren't making any more money, but the feed producers are paying more their raw material, thus the cost of beef rises. Ethenol is a lose - lose situation. Cost too much to produce, is not as efficient as oil, and raises the cost of feed for cows. So essentially when you jump in your truck to go buy groceries, you can't go as far, and when you throw those steaks on the grill, you paid more for them. The theme being if the government is involved, the decision is not usually profitable or helpful.

Ok I will give you that but in any case just make the E85 out of something other then corn. In any event the US needs to reduce the amount of oil we import, at some point oil is going to become scarce (either the world runs out or the forign governments wont sell it to us) and there needs to be a replacement ready to go. If we wait untill we need something else to make it available it will be too late.

Ok I will give you that but in any case just make the E85 out of something other then corn.

If we could harness the ineffectiveness in both houses, the current administration, and the waste in government, we would be up to our armpits with alternative fuels. Easy to reduce oil imports, build nuclear plants to produce electricity.

The local Cenex here just started stocking E85. Dad has a flex-fuel Taurus, so he tried a tank of it. So far, he's getting about 5% less mileage. If that's all he's losing, then E85 will save him money in the long run. We'll see.

KL, seriously, anyone who lives even remotely near that cesspool called Baltimore, let alone the neighboring sister-cesspool DC, has no standing to be criticizing anything in Canada. Or Minnesota. Heck, by that standard, even most of Haiti looks nice.

Latest posts