ETHANOL ANYONE ?????

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Thurau

Reaction score
Hey has enyone tried the ethanol (ED85) ?:huh: my 2005 say's ethanol or unleaded fuel.

how is it ??? thanks, DOUG

I believe most that did switch got the same performance, BUT worse gas mileage... Don't know what the cost for E85 is by you, or if you can get it... The main reason for it is better emissions..

Todd Z

We used the ethanol with our 2004 Trac, for about 3 tank fills, and the vehicle ran great. The gas milage did drop though. If it was cheaper in the long run to use it, we would use it more often.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use it all the time in my 2005 ST, 30 to 60 cents a gallon cheaper. Performance is great being it is 105 octane. Mileage drops about 2 to 3 miles per gallon, get 13 to 15 in city and 17 on highway. You can also use it with any mixture of gas. Like 50/50, 70/30 etc.

:cool:

Mark S

The owers book also says to change your oil at 3000, instead of the 5000 mark if you use E85 more than 50% of the time. I've read it's also harder on emissions equipment as well.

Right now, it seems like there's more down sides, than up for my taste.

My ST says it can use Ethanol also. Are all ST's FFV? I haven't used it yet, but I might if I knew where to get it in Las Vegas.:D

Not all ST's are FFV - only the ones in the past couple of years.

You get worse gas mileage because the ST has to inject more fuel to compensate for E85's inherent lean mixture.

We have about 6 stations in the area where I live that sell Ethanol.

Latest posts