Escape MPG

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Forbes

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Been awhile since I've been on here. I'm looking into getting an 08 Escape V6 engine. Was wondering if anyone had any experience with its MPG. Currently I have an 06 mountaineer with V8 AWD so I'm getting about 13 mpg if I'm lucky, and I do a lot of highway miles. About 40 a day. Just trying to decide if its worth switching vehicles. I put about 75+ bucks a week in currently. Any feedback would be great.

Thanks!

Drove an 01 and an 03, V6 4 wheel drive.

Both got about the same as the Sport Trac, 18 city 22 highway.

Great vehicles, I hear that the newer versions do better on gas, but not a whole lot.

Go for the hybrid if you want MPG's

Here is the published EPA fuel mileage estimates:

2008 Escape V6 FWD= 18 MPG City, 24 MPG Highway, 22 MPG Combine

2008 Escape V6 4WD= 17 MPG City, 22 MPG Highway, 19 MPG Combined

Of course your mileage may vary...:grin:

...Rich

You may be interested in the following website on 'real world' fuel mileage, repairs and reliability reported for various vehicle makes and models... I joined a couple years ago when I purchased my ST.

Last edited by a moderator:
chargedtrac,

I looked at the truedelta website link you posted and noted a lot of errors, especially for my 2008 Mercedes C300 Sport. in 2008 the C-Class only had two engine options, a 3.0, 228 HP or a 3.5, 268 HP. Later they added the AMG 6.3, 451 HP.

The website is giving mileage quotes for 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 models with Turbocharged 4 cylinders that Mercedes did not put into the C-Class until the 2012 model year that just came out in the fall of 2011??

I did not find anything accurate about that website other than to show what I stated "Your mileage may vary" and the mileage people quoted on that sight were all over the place. Without any consistancy the numbers are totally meaning less.

One quote showed a guy averaging 80 MPH on the highway and getting 32 MPG while another guy who claims he averages 60 MPH on the highway but only gets 22 MPG. That kind of info is worthless to a potential buyer.

...Rich

"I think Gary had an 08 Escape in his fleet. He might be able to give you some long term numbers."

yes i had one and then purchaed it for my wife.

it was an 08 4WD 4 cyl. imo, the 20 mpg's combined was good.

it was slow as a slug so i would get the V6 and i am sure the mpg's will be similar then the 4cyl.

good luck

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife drives a '08 Mercury Mariner AWD V6. Mixed MPG is about 19MPG. On the highway, we can get an average of about 23MPG. And that's at the "sweet spot" speed of around 60-65MPH. When I drive it on the highway, I generally set the cruise between 75-80MPH and get about 21.5MPG.

Hey Rich...

Funny, since I've been providing info on my truck to that site, I've only glanced at the info on it a couple of times over the years. I had not done a more thorough comparison of what is provided and how, especially across makes\models.

Now that you have shared your observations, I've looked a little closer and you definitely see odd (and sometimes very inconsistent) fuel mileage claims that seem unreasonable for what it is being reported for in places. When I did look there I'd look at it as, if there are enough samples for a given model provided I would typically throw out the high and low and look at the average just to get a rough idea. Though how people figure out the % to go in each subjective category (highway, hills, flat...) doesn't lend itself to much accuracy in and of itself.

Thanks for your observations. Being a fairly analytical guy, I typically don't tend to share or provide info that isn't pretty reliable without a caveat.

Pie in my face on this one, and more scrutiny next time. :smack:

Thanks.

Joe

chargedtrac,

No problem...I suspect that with more input for the more popular vehicles, the MPG stats may average out more, but there were very few reports for the 2008 Mercedes C300 on that website and they were very inconsistant. I know I have gotten a high of 32.2 MPG on the highway, and have no problems getting 31+ MPG driving 70-75 MPH. The EPA Highway average is 25 MPG, and I'm getting 25.5 MPG overall combined mileage since I bought the car new in Jan 2008. I guess I get about 21-22 MPG in the city, but City driving in Waco, TX is a lot different than City driving in Dallas, Austin, or Houston. Also, I am retired and rarely have to face rush-hour traffic, even though it's more like a Rush-15 minutes here in Waco..:grin:

...Rich

Latest posts