EricP- Meet question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather Rueckert

Reaction score
Are our registration packets for the Dallas meet being mailed to us, if so where do we pay or sign up ? If we aren't going to recieve the packets till we arrive in Dallas, how are we going to all meet up to obtain our packet since members are arriving at different times/dates? Thanks for any info. :D -Heather p.s. Just made my reservation for the group hotel!

Last edited by a moderator:
Heather,

From what I have seen so far, it sounds like Rich is planning on conducting registration (and paying) at the meet - no signups online, as in years past. This is due, in part, to the expectation that many non-members, who have been mailed notices from Ford, may show up.

Of course, this might present some logistical problems. With the Ford events at the State Fair on Thursday and Friday, can members register at those events first? Unless things change, the packets are supposed to include Fair admission tickets and food vouchers for lunch (compliments of Ford). If we wait till the meet on Saturday to register, it will be too late for a lot of people to visit the Fair afterward. My guess is, registration will take place all three days, as people arrive. There will probably be convoys from the hotel to Fair Park and to the Stockyards, with the rest of us showing up on our own.

I'm sure Rich and the other planners are working on the details. All I can say right now is, keep a close eye on the Meet link on the home page, and on the message board.

edit . . . Re-reading the e-mail, the admission tickets and food vouchers are for Friday, so that makes it almost certain that registration will take place (at the very least) on Friday and Saturday. Rich, forgive me if I'm giving away too much information, too soon.

To get our registration packets as we arrive makes more sense to me (I'm arriving Thurday).. Waiting till Saturday is kind of defeating the purpose since the big unveiling and dinner is on Friday :wacko: . Thanks for the info and I will keep checking the meet link. -Heather

In years past, we have had a meet and greet on Thursday, late afternoon, where we obviously meet and greet, register and get name tags and any packet should there be one. Since we will be going to the fair on friday, I'm certain the packets will be in our hands no later than Fri. morning and I'm sure it will probably be Thurs. night.

If registration and packet distribution happens Friday at the State Fair, the tickets provided by Ford would be useless as we won't be allowed into the State Fair to get to the registration table and pick up the free tickets. In other words, we would have to pay to get into the State Fair, register and then receive the free tickets. Unless Ford and/or us sets up a registration table outside the State Fair gates (notice that is plural, there are several of them), in which case we will be able to pick up out packets, and tickets, before going into the State Fair. I'm with Spaceman, have a meet and greet at the hotel so that we can get out packets before going to the State Fair.

Another question, is Ford only sending out mailings to non MySportTrac members? If they're not, I haven't received mine yet.

Alan,

Good points. It may depend on where the gates into the Fair are located. I can't remember if you have to pass a gate to get to the Automobile Bldg, or not. Does anyone else know? Plus, according to the Meet page, the Thursday and Friday events are before the Fair opens to the general public.

I'm sure we'll all have our answers before we get there.

The Auto Buildings are closest to the main Entrance, and you do have to pass a gate to get to them. Hoperfully we do a meet and greet or like Alan said, make a table to register in front of the gates.

Boodro

Spent time last night looking at the three significant locations of the meet on Google maps. First: Howard Johson is right at the middle of the venues, Fair Park is 19 miles to the east, Stockyard is 18 miles to the west. Public parking are available around the fair with Washington Street west entrance closest to the auto show. All three important addresses are available at the meet page. Haven't been in the area but google maps set at hybrid will give you an idea on how to navigate around town. Expect to see the stretch of I-30 several times shuttling between the hotel(Arlington) and the fair(Dallas) then the hotel to the Stockyard(Fort Worth). Kudos to Rich and the host committee for the selection of the hotel's perfect location. HAVE FUN GUYS AND GALS!!!!!

Regal,

You are correct.

The parking lot at the corner of Washington, Haskell, & Parry is the one we are giving directions to. I scoped the streets around Fair Park in person, ahead of time, and I thought it was the best spot. It's a short walk to the Automobile Bldg. from there. The Music Hall and the Automobile Bldg. are across the street from each other, just inside the 1st Ave. entrance, but I don't think we'll be allowed to park in this area.

Hello all

I roll into town on Wednesday, the 29th mid afternoon. You all will probably be at the press conference (Lucky you) You'll know I'm in town when you see the plate (hint hint) :)

As for the registration packets, not to worry I am hoping we have them completed by Thursday afternoon for the folks that came in early in the week and up to Thursday night as well. Eric P gave the best idea, to keep checking the Dallas meet site. Rich is updating periodically as the info comes alive. This is going to be a GREAT Event!

RegalOne, I thought that particular hotel site was absolutly perfect as well. Very easy access to both Venue locations.

Thanks,

Latest posts