Engine Swap? Ford 302 - AOD

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Ellis

Reaction score
Been a while since I've checked in here. My 04 has about 92K miles on it and is still running like it was new. Been working on another project. Just about got the Ford 302 and AOD tranny ready for the 27T Roadster I'll start building next spring.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jerry. I've never built an engine nor transmission before. Found them both cheap out of F150 trucks. Both were torn down to pieces and rebuilt with new wear parts [bearings, rings, clutch disks, seals, etc]. The engine has been run several times on the pictured stand and seems to be good...no smoke, clean plugs and good idle. Will paint the headers soon and get the tranny all connected [torque converter not mounted yet] and tested. It's been an interesting project. A good part being that now I know how to fix any of it should something not work as expected.

As clean inside as it is outside. Had the block tanked. Engine had about 180K miles on it and bores were still good. Just had a brush hone to give it a bit more cross-hatch for ring seating.

Latest posts