Engine monitor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Abson 2

Reaction score
I was also thinking, I know there is a scan guage out there, and have seen it, but want something a little more high tech. Was wondering if anyone has installed a monitor in thier trac, that is monitoring the engine, such as oil pressure, temp, intake temp, engine load, etc? If so, how?

With the exception of oil pressure, the ScanGaugeII monitors everything you mentioned (temp, intake temp, engine load, etc) and more. It also functions as a diagnostic tool, reading and clearing OBD II codes.

Not sure what else you're looking to monitor, but the ScanGauge II does quite a bit for a pretty good price.

There are other other products like the DashDAQ, PLX Kiwi, and SCT Livewire and Touch Screen Xtreme, but they're gonna cost you much more than the ScanGauge II.

Yea, I was thinking of getting it, but not if there is something out there that looks better and works the same. I like the DashDAQ, looks alot more customizable, and from the list of options, can do alot more. Plus, I can mount the screen where it looks like a part of the truck, not an add on. Plus, it can have GPS added on. And its not that much more in my opinion. Thanks for that info Trac!

This one does everything your asking and more such as diagnostic tool, reading and clearing OBD II codes, HP output, 0-60, 60-0, G-Force and others.

I got one and love it. I was able to find it for around $220

Interceptor by AeroForce Technology is a 2 1/16" gauge that reads, displays, and records any two of up to 28* important engine operating parameters. The gauge displays 2 parameters at a time, but can be programmed to cycle through up to 8 parameters during a user determined period of time. This way you can monitor several items without taking any other actions.

Have you checked into SCT's Touch Screen Xtreme.

It's still not available and personally, I got tired of waiting, so I just purchased the Xcal III.

It's around $1200 and the release date is still unknown, but an option you might be interested in.

Latest posts