ELM 327 OBDII Bluetooth Transmitter

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A K

Reaction score
Does anyone have one of the ELM 327 OBDII Bluetooth Transmitters and use it with your 04-05 Sport Trac? They're sold on Amazon (and eBay, I think).

I can get it to pair with the ECM in every vehicle but the '04 Sport Trac. Using Torque, it apparently cannot read the ECM. So, I suspect the cause is the '04 and not the unit.

All insight is appreciated.

Adam,

OBDII is a standard that all vehicles must meet since since around the mid 1990's. If it will not work in a 2004 Sport Trac, I would suspect that something is wrong with the ECM or the OBDII wiring.

Just out of curiosity, you might want to stop by AutoZone and ask them to connect their code reader (it's Free) and see if they can get any information from your OBDII port?

That won't fix your problem but will at least might tell you if there is something wrong with the 2004's OBDII system.

...Rich

Mine works on an 03 without any problems, but it doesn't read all of the functions that are available, air temp is one.

Thanks for the replies, fellas. I'll have to try AutoZone. The port puts out power (the Bluetooth transmitter powers up), so I do not think it is the fuse, but it does not want to communicate with the ECM.

For what it's worth, I've never used a programmer and the last time I had an issue (faulty fuel pressure sensor), it threw a readable code.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to be so late to the thread, I just recently invested in a bluetooth adapter (with Torque), and it also does not connect to the ECU on my 2001 ST. Works on any other vehicle I have tried, just not mine.

Latest posts