Electrical Problem with Door lock

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I have searched the board and can't find my exact issue.

2003 Sport Trac

Driver door will only open with key.

Key Fob locks/unlocks the other 3 doors.

Flip switch inside driver door only locks/unlocks other 3 doors.

Outside key pad does not unlock any doors.

Thanks for you time!

Max

Last edited by a moderator:
Your power lock mechanism has disconnected from the door. These do this when they get siezed up due to no lube and corrosion. It is held in by a large rivet on the door. Compare to the passenger side. These are a PITA to fix. Need to drill out old rivet and use screw to fasten it back in place.. You may need 2 sets of hands. Drilling rivet melts the plastic around the old rivet.

Ok so it isn't the actuator or the door lock switch. I borrowed the passenger door switch and same issue. And bought a actuator plugged it in and tested with key Fob and only the other 3 doors lock/unlock. At lest I haven't drilled out orig actuator before testing new one. So now I assume I need to Chase down a bad wire. Any ideas where to start?

Need some help, I have checked all the cables and still no luck so far i have replace inside lock/unlock switch, the actuator, and the slam lock switch that goes into the lock mechanism. Could there be a bad relay or something that is not allowing power to get to the actuator?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I found the wire break it was in the wire harness between the door and body under the rubber accordion boot! Took a lot of time, parts and patience but I can finally unlock my drivers door with key fob and key pad again!

It happened to me last week then started working again, I already ordered a new inside switch because the lights were not working. They still don't work so I must have a wire near breaking too. Anyone know what color to trace for the door lock switch light?

Latest posts