electrical ghost!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
odd thing happened today...

cold morning 25 outside started the truck and the dash and headlights came on (switch was in off position) i turned the switch off and on a few times to try to get them to go off, they stayed on for about a minute and went off by themselves. on my 40 min drive to work the lights came on and off about a dozen times. every time the lights came on i could hear a relay click under the dash that does not click when i turn the lights on with the switch.

i always keep my auto dim rear view mirror off but today the green indicator light came on every time the lights came on by themselves. then i played with the auto dim switch sliding it from off to dim and it would click the relay and turn the head lights on and off strange.. i could only get it to do that twice (perhaps when the relay was stuck open/ closed?)

any ideas?

Ever notice any water leaks or moisture on the drivers side?

Windshield leaks into the relay box, 25 degrees freezes said water which expands activating the relay contacts... Holmes, Sherlock Holmes :bwahaha:

Latest posts