electric locks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul McDevitt

Reaction score
IS there a way to reprogram the electric locks so they ALL lock, and ALL unlock together? I hate walking back around the truck because while the driver's door was unlocked, the passenger door remained locked. Thanks!

Sorry, I ahven't been clear. My original post says "Is there a way to reprogram the electric locks so they ALL lock, and ALL unlock together?"

One push of the lock button on the fob locks all, but one push doesn't unlock all. That's what I'm after. Thanks for the link, but that project speaks to using the ignition switch to unlock all when the ignition turns on. I want all to unlock with one touch of the unlock button on the fob, just like they all lock.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually the drivers door unlocking first, only. Is a safety feature.

If Im the only one getting in. I dont want someone jumping in the other side.

Especialy at a mall, etc.

And the interlock on the seat of my lawn tractor is for safety too, but I chose to alter that, too.

Not really concerned with why it works the way it works, I'm interested in whether anyone has altered it. Thanks!

Install and after market keyless entry system that connects directly to the lock/unlock switchs on your door. You can use a remote starter or alarm system too, and even hook them up without the remote start or alarm if you only want the keyless entry system (Since rare to find an aftermarket system that is keyless standolone, most you'll find is alot of cheaper remote starters or alarm system that is cheap and has keyless entry). This way it'll control your doorlocks the same manner your doorlock switches work on your truck.

Or you can modify you're factory keyless to dbl.unlock using a double=pulse generator (Like a PAC TR-7 universal programmable trigger switch) in which you will need to disassemble your factory keyless module and wire in the TR-7

I never heard of anybody modifying their remote unlock system to work with one push instead of two.

What is it about pushing it twice that you don't like?

Is it for time saving?

My '07 gives you that option on the HUD. I also like to unlock all of the doors with one push of the button, or keyless entry. It also give the ability to unlock all doors once you shut the car off. If someone shady is hanging around my passenger side you could always use your key to unlock the door. It's not laziness, it's efficiency:grin:

If someone shady is hanging around my passenger side

You wont know they are there. Unless you do a walk around...

Im not afraid, just causcious......War will do that to you...

After my late wife had an incident where some guy tried to open the passenger side door while she was getting into the driver's door, I am convinced that a one-push to open all doors could have been fatal. I'm sure that's why Ford designed it that way and I am glad they did!

How damned inconvenient can it be to push the button twice! That is so far beyound lazyness, it's totally anal!

...Rich

Latest posts