E85 fuel

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 2004 ST which is flexfuel compatible, Ive been running it in my truck for about a month now and have seen a noticable difference in the power. Down side to useing the E85 ethanol is that it drops your mileage:huh:. The fuel is more environmentaly freindly than reguar gas. Upside is its American made:D...I just wondered if who else is running this in there 04 or newer ST. Let me know and give me a shout.

Mark Rodriguez

Mark,

Yes, E85 has a higher octane rating than regular gasoline, and the FF engine can detect the octane and adjust the the engine for the best performance with that type of fuel.

As you found out, the down side is the lower fuel mileage with E85. Typically E85 gets about 20% to 25% less miles per gallon than conventional gasoline. If you can buy E85 at or about 20% to 25% then there is no real lost in money/value terms.

A lot of places don't have a lot of E85 here in Texas (Oil country I guess??) but it will get here eventually.

...Rich

I would like to try it. Station not TOO far, and willing to pay more to keep it in the USA!

But, not willing to risk damage to engine. Any stories of damage? '04 flexfuel Trac.

Thanks!

The only damage that I've heard of in a vehicle that is flex fuel is the Ford Taurus, but Ford denies it's a problem (go figure).

For an unbiased opinion, look up E85 on wikipedia.org (probably more info than you really need).

Latest posts