DVR surveillance system

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAUL AGUILAR

Reaction score
Morning ladies and gents.

I was wondering if anybody here has any experience with surveillance systems.

In the last 2 years I have had my house Vandalized about 5 times and last night was the last draw. They egged the ST :angry:.

It really bugs me because I try to keep to myself and can't think of anybody who would have a reason to do this.

I was wondering what you guys would recomend for a good stand alone video system that would loop every 24 hrs. that way when I go to leave for work if i see anythng out of the ordanary I can check the video to see who is messing with me.

Thanks,

tried to keep the post short.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a couple of cameras that I have hooked up to a small TV/VCR combo. I don't record it often, but just the fact that they are there has helped reduce vandalism at and near my house considerably!

As a temporary measure...I've seen great success in installing fake cameras all over the exterior. Thieves don't know they aren't real and will usually avoid your home for fear of getting caught. Additionally, if they should decide to break them, they aren't real so there's minimal cost to replace.

We have security cameras and DVR's at all our sites. The problem we had was that someone who broke in stole a computer and the DVR unit. They did not even unplug the equipment, they just cut the cables.

We are now looking into IP cameras that work over the internet and record to DVR's at an offsite location. That's really overkill for your situation.

They have some cameras on the market now that have motion detecors and internal SD-Cards that can record for hundreds of hours, and only when somethng is moving within it's detection range. They only cost from about $69-$299 depending upon other features the camera has. Some are disquised as clocks, air freshners, etc. Some units can be connected to your computer to monitor realtime, or you can view the SD card video, and some are IP Cameras that you can view your home on the internet.

just do a Google search on hidden security cameras.

...Rich

"Rent" a hungry Rottweiler. ;)

Probably wouldn't help, if they're in a moving car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buddy has several cameras around his house that are wireless to his PC, which records a time loop of some sort. Looks real simple and cheap. I don't know what software he has that does this, however.

He can even pull up any of the cameras from work and check on his home, livestock, etc.

If you have a spare PC and some webcams, check out this software. I'm using it at work, and it does the motion detection really well with few false triggers.

Our office installed a DVR system with several cameras. It records 4 cameras at a time, thought there are something like 20 cameras.

They are motion activated. Once motion is sensed, it goes to that camera and records what it sees...

I got mine from costco. It came with everything needed for the system and 10 cameras. I did 750 for it and it was super ease to install and has internet view ability and iphone compatibility

Latest posts