dupli-color bed armor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Brown 2

Reaction score
hello everybody, been a couple months since i've been on here reading up but since its spring i am very into doing some more work to my girl. the weathers nice and i have some time to do some serious work. shes getting a little old and starting to look a little worn out. i was thinking about freshening up the lower body where all the plastics have gotten slightly beat up. i checked out the projects section and found the awesome section on painting the lower body by tom r. but i had some questions before i get started.

the lower body has 10+ years of wear and tear. would divots and rust covered areas effect the paint?? for anyone who has done this project, how has it held up??

as an alternative for the bumper paint that is flexible, could i substitute dupli-color's bed armor for a little more durable coating?? i know it's adding about $100 to the project but if it will last longer and take some punishment then i think it's worth it.

thanks in advance for your responses! always love the input on these boards.

chris b.

I dont do much painting, but Im pretty sure that you should start out with a scrub brush and some degreaser.

Whenever my friend paints something he always degreases it first, dont forget to take your time so it will

turn out looking great the first time.

Dave :haveabeer:

thanks dave! i'm going to try and get this taken care of before i put on my brand new WAAG center grille guard and Hella black magic driving lights.

Latest posts