Duelers or Cross Ter SUV

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Gamble

Reaction score
I know this question has come up many times before. Which is the better tire for the ST.

I've had the Wranglers and then got the Michelin Cross Terrain SUV. The quiet ride has been wonderful. Alas, it's time to put new tires all around.

Anyone had both and which did you prefer? I really liked the quiet ride of the Michelins and they were good in every condition I encountered in a Wisconsin winter.

I had a set of Cross Terrain SUVs on a 2002 F150 and I've never found a better all around tire as far as quiet and smooth ride, great handling, traction in all weather and yes even tire wear. I had 36K on the tires and they still had alot of life left.

I put the Cross Terrains on at 61k and I've just hit 119k. They will last the summer, but won't be good for the winter.

I was looking at Tirerack.com. What's the diff between a Dueler 864 or 895 and the Revo?

i had the dueler revo's on my 04 adren and thought they were great for my type of use.

great for winter snow, and a good look on the trac. road noise did increase with this type of tire.

I had REVOs on my old '05. Got the P-metrics (twice) which wore out real fast, so I'd recommend LT's if you can get them. Awesome all-around tire but they get noisy as they wear down.

Everybody I know with Michelins gets real good treadwear out of them.

Latest posts