Dude, where's my truck?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Maurer 2

Reaction score
I'm having my new ST shipped to me. It was picked up in Lucama, NC on Saturday. I haven't heard from the transport company. Where can it be? This waiting is driving me nuts....:banghead: PS- my '05 will go up on Ebay soon- $1.00 start, no reserve....

Last edited by a moderator:
With no reserve you might just have to sell it for 1.00. I'd think about that.

It is a proven fact that items without a reserve sell for higher than those with a reserve.

Tom

It is a proven fact that items without a reserve sell for higher than those with a reserve.

+1. If you won't let it go for below a certain price, you're better served by just starting the bid at that.

The practice of starting at a dollar for something that's gonna sell for thousands? All in all, I don't think that's a great plan. I know I'd be suspicious of it, but then again, I'm paranoid about eBay after frequent use.

I have sold 5 vehicles on Ebay: 2001 PT Cruiser limo, 2000 Lincoln Towncar limo x 2, 2004 F150 x 2. All were sold with a $1.00 start, no reserve. All sold for more than I expected and 2 sold for more than I paid(owned less than a year). A couple were nailbiters with low bids until the end. Its the free market at work, with huge exposure. Jerry, I bought a new (to me) ST-in the end, it seemed a shame to cover the nice custom paint on my '05, so when it was in the shop for the front and rear bumper cover replacement(I got hit), I just had the back half repainted- had lots of stone chips and a big scratch on the tailgate. Looks brand new now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts