DUCKS won the Cup. Whooee!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uncle bob, CONGRAT'S :D:D:D

it's great that the team you support won the stanley cup. they well deserved it.

NHL hockey is great and i don't follow it as much as when i had season tix for the ny islanders. one of my best moments of life, was when the islanders beat the phil flyers to win their first ever stanley cup ...on my birthday

enjoy your team's lord stanley's championship :D

Congratulations, but no suprise though, they really had it won over a week ago when they eliminated the Redwings. There were probably 4 teams in the western conference that were better than any team back east. Just on the strength of their goaltending alone they were better. Under the new cap system there is probably no such thing as a dynasty anymore so enjoy the moment, winning the Cup is no small feat.

Congrats Uncle Bob. I was very confident that the Ducks would win the Cup after the first period of the first game of the Finals. Ottawa was just getting roughed up and didn't have enough speed to get around Niedermeyer and Pronger. I think Buffalo would've been a better Finals matchup.

BTW - Thanks, Gary for bringing up the Isles beating the Flyers. I was young but still remember that series.

Uncle Bob, great win for the Ducks. I was pulling for Ottawa but only because they are from the east. First west coast team to win since 1925.

one of my best moments of life, was when the islanders beat the phil flyers to win their first ever stanley cup ...on my birthday

Gary,

That was the game where Nystrom scored in OT (game 6, 1980) and he was about 2 feet offside. The officials blew the call, the Islanders won the cup and the rest is history....until 1999 when Buffalo gets screwed in game 6 also...

PS, I am not a philly or buffalo fan.

I wanted Ottawa to win, Brian Murray is a great coach, he literally saved the washington capitals when he took over. But it was good to see Teemu Seleane get the win. The thing about the ducks that impressed me throughout the playoffs is they never panicked. even when down 2. Ottawa is a good team and I am sure they will be back.

Congrats to the Ducks, but my sympathy to the NHL. As poorly as they've been doing lately in their attempt to recover from the lost season, with attendance down and their broadcasts lost on a station many fans don't have access to, they really needed to have the Cup go to a hockey "hotbed". But instead, it's gone the past two years to Carolina and Anaheim--two markets that, other than the 20,000 fans in the arena, really don't care about hockey. They'll never say it--but in league offices, these last two championships really hurt. (Actually, that could be said about the last three, when you include 2004's Tampa Bay championship.) It's going to do nothing to stoke general fan enthusiasm, or championship merchandise sales, etc. etc. etc.

What surprised me was to find out the Ducks managed to win a cup before the L.A. Kings did. It was the first Cup win for any Southern California team.

Now, I expect the team to raise the prices of everything into the stratosphere so we can no longer afford to buy tickets. (Sort of like what the Angels did after they won their first World Series). :(;)

boooo... for the 3rd year in a row a canadian team makes the final (Calgary, Edmonton and Ottawa) only to lose to an obscurely located US team (Tampa Bay, Carolina and Anaheim). Geeze, we only have 3 more teams to go before all our teams have had a shot...