Dual Exhaust

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look at Chops dual exhaust... I say his because, his was the nicest dual exhaust on a trac I have ever seen. (sorry other folks that has duals) but it's true. If I had dual exhaust I'd want mine to look like his. *if he still has his trac*

hey?! where has he/Chops been? I have not seen him post in a long long while! There are a few others I have not seen post here in a long while too. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
jeff you are right....hmmmm who had a trac with a roll pan and the exhaust was out of it.. still I like the set up Chops has it's nice!

Still don't see a roll pan.

Anyways, back on topic, there are no true duals. You run a single in/dual out muffler and have the pipes routed around your spare tire with the tips you like, rolled, cut, slanted, etc. It will run $200-$400 depending on what brand muffler you go with, shop, tips, stainless vs. aluminized, etc.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the dual tips running out each side between the rear wheels and the back of the OEM step bars. Can't remember who had them, but if I ever get a custom exhaust done that'll be the way I'd go.

Or you can just buy a universal muffler like most people have (myself included).

I got the flowmaster delta 40 single in dual out.

[Broken External Image]:

Sorry Piro, Don't think that's gonna happen. If you've seen that setup, I never have, it was probably a dummy tip on the driver side of the truck. Or, and this is a big one, the stock tank was removed and a fuel cell was put in the bed of the truck. The stock tank is placed right where the driver side pipe would run. I would think on the '07 and newer tracs it's the same thing on the passenger side (though I haven't confirmed).

On the other hand, several of us have "dual" exits on the passenger side of the trac.

Spiff,

I guess it could have been just the one side, but I thought it was both. It was someone here with a black Gen 1 ST like mine, and it definitely exited as two tips situated between the step bars and tire.

Maybe someone flipped a photo in Photoshop and I just thought I saw both sides of the ST. :huh:

Dead on, Fast Eddie, it was Griff's photo I was thinking of. I guess it was just wishful thinking that it was like that on both sides.

Sorry for the confusion, all.

WOW, Now I'm really confused with what I want to do. I'm leaning more to the Flowmaster 40 but, what's the advantage of running dual in front of the back tire or behind the back tire? I mean if it's just sound that's fine but If it's performance that's what I'm looking for. I thank all of you for posting your pics and explaining what everyone has and the different ways to set your exhaust up.

No real performance gain if any. Exhaust just doesn't have to travel very far to exit. If there were any gains, you'd never notice.

Well, that's not entirely true, getting rid of the stock exhaust and installing a more freely flowing aftermarket exhaust will show some performance gains, but nothing too significant. If you want to see some decent gains with the exhaust, you should work on getting more air in first, things like a cold air intake, new mass airflow sensor and a bored out throttle body will help more than just slapping on a new exhaust without letting the truck breathe in better. If I were you, I wouldn't get a brand new expensive exhaust without getting some goodies under the hood for better intake first.

CraigC, I believe Sams question about performance had to do with where the exhaust exits, not a "erformance"exhaust vs. stock.

Latest posts