Dual Exhaust Setup (Taking advantage of 30% off sale at Amazon)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric C 2

Reaction score
First off, I am so so sorry for starting another thread on this crap. I have been reading through old posts for the last 2 hours and for whatever reason cannot find a definitive answer.

I am looking to go with a single in and dual out muffler from flow master. From what I have read, I should go with 2.5", but all I can find is 3" in and 2.5 out. Would that work? If not, what muffler do i need for dual in and out from flowmaster.

If not dual out, I found a single center 2.5" in and single center 2.5" out. Would that be ideal for a single exhaust setup?

I am only posting this because as some of you likely have seen, Amazon is having a 30% off sale and I really don't want to miss out.

You want to try and stay the same in as the out. Otherwise you will cause reverberation if exhaust flow and basically throw off the flow of exhaust gas. This actually will cause less back pressure and thus cause less gains in hp and torque. Besides if you go a v6 stay with 2.5 cause 3" is just too big and again you'll lose back pressure. hope this helps.

Is there such a thing as "true duals" for the sport trac? From what I have read no, unless you start by buying headers and build the system yourself. Am I wrong?

You would have to run a type of header that splits from each side of the block into their own exhaust pipe but then you can't run large pipes due to the lower pressure flow. I think most people use a y pipe to go from 1 to 2 out.

Latest posts