Dual Exhaust on 07 -10

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Stamps

Reaction score
Anyone have pictures I could see with dual exhaust (mufflers?) on 07 -10 ST. I have an 09 and am thinking about it. Also, is it as difficult to do (and find someone to do it) as the 01 -06? I never did get my 02 done because I couldn't find anyone to do it for me.

From the MySt archives (Pics In Members Library)

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically it is possible but you will need a muffler tech who is patient and very good. This will not be cheap.

I've had both Gens of Trac, I'd say a Gen 2 is more difficult because of the IRS. As it was, I had to tinker with my Gibson single exhaust for a few days until it didn't hit anything.

wonder if headers and 3" pipe will flow as good or better?

I think it should be enough. Even the V8 is really only 277 cubic inches or something like that. 3" might barely squeak in there, I know my 2.5" system doesn't have a lot of room to spare around the suspension.

Bud of mine has a 454 BBC motorhome with the full Gale Banks header and exhaust system, it has dual 2.5" inlets on the muffler and one 4" exhaust pipe. For something that big, it rocks.

to my knowledge it can be done but you will lose the spare plus on the passenger side there isnt alot of clearance for the pipe

to my knowledge it can be done but you will lose the spare plus on the passenger side there isnt alot of clearance for the pipe

In the members pics of his gen2. He didnt loose his spare. His tailpipes are nice and neat. No chop job about it.