Dual 12" Sub Box with 2 RF Audiophile subs for sale.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Pollen

Reaction score
I've posted this before, but the people interested never came through. I have a custom dual 12" sub box with two rockford fosgate audiophile subs installed. Your rear seats will sit down to stock height. I had this system in my trac for over a year, and never had problems with the seats or box moving, everything is stationary.

We did not carpet the box all that well, so it will need recarpeted unless you want to leave it the way it is, or try and repair where the carpet has started peeling up.

The box is fairly heavy, so shipping will probably be a little high, but I will try and get an exact quote for you. Pickup is available in the Las Vegas area, or in Fresno, CA this Friday. I am only in Vegas until the 12th of May, and will be moving back to Alaska, so this is the last chance I'll have to offer this box down here. I will have to receive payment before the 11th so I can make sure to have time to ship it off. I do accept paypal.

I am asking $250 + Shipping for the box plus subs. Here is a picture of the box, more are located in my library under "stereo system. I will also throw in the amp rack we made for behind the rear seats. Some trimming to the rear panel will have to be done if you wish to install your amps there. The top of the panel behind the rear seats will stay in place though, so it won't look like something is missing behind the headrests like some other systems I've seen on here.

Please e-mail me at [email protected] if you are interested.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
How hard is it to take the brackets out and replace them with the box?

What kind of amp would you recommend for these two amps?

The brackets are easy to take off, just a few star heads or bolts, I can't remember which. We took the whole seat assembly out for building it, and I think you won't need to worry about the star bolts, just 3 or 4 bolts on each of the 3 or 4 brackets.

I ran a R/F Punch 200ix and the subs could of taken more. With a good quality amp, you won't need much over 400-500 watts to push these as far as they can go.

I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to car audio, so could you please recommend a specific amp that would do these subs justice? I'm just trying to figure out how much everything would cost together. I'm very interested by the way.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott, I'd recommend a mid range amp. The box is a very small enclosure, and the speakers could be run a little hard with too high powered of an amplifier. A 250-500 watt amp from rockford fosgate or another reputable manufacturer like Kenwood or Kicker would be good.

I'll try to get an idea of what shipping will the to you as well. Like I mentioned earlier, I've got till Friday morning, and we are putting everything in the trailer to head back to Alaska on Saturday.

When you say 250-500 Watts...do you mean RMS?

Sorry I'm so clueless..:wacko::wacko::wacko:

Thanks a bunch.

Yes, I was running a 200 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, which was rated at 200 per channel (2 channels) RMS. They would keep their rated wattage down so we had the choice to compete in a lower watt class at audio competitions. Other manufacturers overstate their wattage, and most good brand amplifiers will give true RMS numbers.

Latest posts