Droid phone

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad K

Reaction score
Hello all,

Long time no post, but recent lurker.

I seem to be able to get most questions answered and be entertained all while

lurking.

So on to my question, does anybody have a Samsung captivate phone from AT&T

or it's double from another network yet?

I'm looking to get a smart phone for my second midlife crisis. I want to see if I

can keep up with the appearance of youth by doing more than just talk on a phone.

I work from home so It's hard to justify getting one for e-mail or Internet surfing or the news

or... or... well anything other than talking. But It looks cool. :supercool:

Thanks

new Chad

Chad,

I had the Droid from Verizon. I enjoyed it and all the aps to download. I am over the proverbial hill but it was easy to use. I could not justify the cost for the internet service, so I gave it back and got the LG Chocolate. Not to good that one! I understand that you can tether the Droid to your PC for internet service but returned mine before hooking it up.

Try it, you will like it. Ed

Droid has automatic wireless hookup. Internet service is $30.00 per month. Love the thing. Scary how much you can do with it.

Thanks for the replies.

I just came across a trail camera I would like to have for the same price.

I wonder if there is an app to turn the phone into a trail camera?

Then I would be able to justify the phone real easy.

new Chad

the droid is pretty spiffy

i right now have the iphone and its amazing the first phone ive actually liked having

however with new stuff coming out for the droid and the speed of these new ones, its making me want one.

i might be swapping to get a samsung galaxy and selling the iphone.

I have had the first droid and now I am on the Droid X. My wife has her Droid. We both had Blackberrys before we got them. I would have to say after playing with several of my friends iPhones, I prefer my Droid X over anything out there.

Thanks again for the replies.

Now I have another question. I do not have text messaging or the Internet on my current phone.

So how many gig's and how many text msg's are you using each month?

To get a droid phone from at&t I will have to get a data plan, and I thought I might try text also. So I need an idea of how many gig's and txt msg's I might need.

thanks

new Chad

I don't text so I don't have that service. I have the phone blocked so I can't be charged for incoming text and pictures. If I want to use the service without a plan it cost .20 per message. Unlimited internet is $30 per month.

check with your carrier. You may have free texting but pay for the minutes.

The Droid 2 is supposed to be released to Verizon next week & is supposed to be a kick-@$$ phone with the new Android 2.2 OS. We're eligible for upgrade next Friday, so I think we're gonna get the Droid 2.

TrainTrac...

Let me know how that works. I'll be eligible in Feb for an upgrade and I want to go for a Droid too (currently Blackberry).

Of course, by Feburary, there'll be 3 new versions by then. :banghead:

I'll be eligible in Feb for an upgrade and I want to go for a Droid too (currently Blackberry).

Rumor has it that Apple will be releasing an iPhone for Verizon in Jan 2011. You could get one of those if that's true.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts