Driving Habits that You Hate

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H D

Reaction score
Just wanted to get the pet peeves of some members on the things they hate to see on the road. They don't necessarily need to be dangerous, just something that makes you shake your head a little when you see it. Here's two of mine:

People driving in clear nighttime conditions with their fog lights on.

People throwing trash out their window. Cigarettes included.

The first one that comes to mind, primarily because it happened twice to me last night, although it's far from the most egregious one I could think of...

People who drive slowly down unfamiliar residential street trying to see house numbers to find their destination, who insist on doing so while they have a bunch of other cars blocked behind them. I understand it can be difficult to find some houses--but come on, pull over, let the people who know where they're going get by you, then resume your search without tying up others!

1. People who drive and talk on the cell phone..oblivious to the traffic around them.

2. People who drive slow in the fast lane and will not move to the right. Or they drive slow until you start to pass them, then the speed up ???

3. My biggest pet peeve are the ones (usually women) who have plenty of time to pull into traffic and get up to speed, but instead wait and wait until the last minute and then pull out in front of me forcing me to hit the brakes or swerve to avoid hitting them !!!

I'm sure there are more idiots on the roads that I have failed to mention, but these are the ones that I encounter on a regular basis.

...Rich

People that drive in the city with their high beams on.

Cars that have light up dash boards, but they do not have auto headlights. Those are the idiots that drive without headlights at night and don't realize it because they can see their dashboard.

People that know their lane is ending, but try to squeeze in. If I am in the right position, they are going to slam on the brakes or slam into a barrel. Whatever they are doing, they will not be in front of me.

Tom

How about people that don't pay attention to lane signs at intersections? If the sign says the lane to your left can turn or go straight, you'd better not be trying to turn left beside me! I may decide to go straight instead of turn!

:smack:

Fast Drivers

Old Drivers

Young Drivers

Slow Drivers

People who blog while driving'''''''''' Damn that car just about hit me. :driving::driving:

Suicide Bomber driving a gasoline truck.

-People who drive past everyone waiting in traffic for an exit or road split and force themselves in at the last moment. :fire:

-People who drive down breakdown lanes to avoid sitting in traffic :fire:

-People who smoke nasty cigars in traffic and hold it and blow thier smoke out the window :fire:

-People who throw thier trash to include butts out the window :fire:

-People who drive slow int the fast lane:fire:

-Distracted drivers- phones, eating, reading, make-up, etc. :fire:

-Lane changers without using thier directionals :fire:

-Tailgaters :fire:

Can you tell I'm a Masshole trained driver transplanted in DC? :driving:

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate people who block the intersection while waiting to make a left turn. Typically, it's at an intersection with a traffic light. People will pull INTO the intersection with their left turn signal on while waiting for oncoming traffic to clear. Doing so is illegal in Wisconsin. You have to wait behind the crosswalk.

- Last second lane changers (aka Right turn from left lane or vice versa)

- Yielding at Merge Signs and Merging at Yield Signs

- People who either Pass you or speed out in front of you and go slower than you were going in the first place

- People who refuse to let you in when you have your turn signal on (especially when hauling a trailer)

To name a few

When Iam driving in 1 of 2 lanes that go the same direction. Im already over the speed limit. Then another driver passes me to pull in front of me. Then their intention is to make a turn. I was already over the speed limit, maybe by 10mph.

Why didnt they just stay behind me...:fire:

Oncoming traffic driving on or OVER the center line... Stay on your own friggin side will ya? and if you cant keep it in your lane, get a smaller vehicle you idiot!!!

The person in front of me drifting onto the sholder throwing rocks and sand back at my car. Makes me want to scream... (Sometimes I do, especially when their window is open..)

1. turning with out using a signal

2. trying to make an illegal turn for example an intersection will say no left turn and some ass will be trying to make the left turn

3.people who try to beat a light only to get stuck and now are blocking the intersection so now no one can go

- People who don't use turning signals.

- People who brake late, especially those that have to stomp on it when coming to a stop on a side street when I have the right of way (as I am defensive and those tools cause me to slow down, putting me in danger)

- People who forget to turn their turning signals off.

- People behind me that honk and yell for me to turn right on red. Hey, I will, when it's safe and I'm ready. Or, I may not...calm down.

- People who tailgate.

- People who don't understand what acceleration and deceleration lanes are for (because they don't use them).

- People that don't know how to use a traffic circle, or a yield sign.

- People that drive over 35 mph in our 25 mph development, and blow through stop signs in the process.

- People with loud radios

- People who lay back too far in their seats. If you are tired, go home and get some sleep.

- Cig butts out the window, and trash out the window... you inconsiderate aholes!

- Those that hug the center lane, or the shoulder. Both are dangerous to me and others.

- People that don't understand that when turning left onto a two lane road that you are supposed to turn into the left-most lane, then when clear signal and move over into the right lane. Really, that's one is on the driver's test. I think I must be the ONLY one taught that.

There are others...many others.

TJR

- People that don't understand that when turning left onto a two lane road that you are supposed to turn into the left-most lane, then when clear signal and move over into the right lane. Really, that's one is on the driver's test. I think I must be the ONLY one taught that.

Agreed completely, except for--

I can't stand it when you're at a light which has two left turn lanes, turning onto a two lane road. Obviously, when the light turns green, the left of the two turn lanes will enter the left lane, and the right of the two will enter the right lane. Meaning--if you know you're going to be turning into a driveway on the right side of the road as soon as you get around this corner, YOU SHOULD BE IN THE RIGHTMOST OF THE TWO TURN LANES!

:soap:

Bill V,

Agreed!

If there are two lanes turning into two lanes, then stay in your lane. We have one such intersection where more people cue up in the right-most lane because just down the road after making the turn is a gas station. Invariable, someone gets in the shorter left-hand lane, then when the light changes they jack-rabbit in front and move quickly to the right. That's a d-bag move. Happens often in retail areas that have short two-lane entran ces and exits onto main roads.

TJR

TJR, I don't mind that one as much, so long as the person doing it does it quickly enough and in such a way that the rest of us aren't inconvenienced any more than we would have been if he had just been in our lane all along.

Just thought of another one I saw today:

People who stop on freeway entry ramps instead of adjusting their speed an merging into an opening.

We also have a major highway were you can exit to go to a shopping mall. As soon as you exit, you must cross two lanes of traffic to turn into the mall. Yes, it's a poorly designed place to put the entrance, but people will get to the end of the freeway exit ramp and stop until they can cross the other two lanes to enter the mall....totally oblivious to the 60 MPH traffic coming down the exit ramp behind them...What idiots!

...Rich

Latest posts