Drives me nuts

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
why is it that no matter what i do to keep the rubber surrounding the windows etc clean, it starts to look old and chalky.... wax gets on it and it looks bad... armoural looks bad... any suggestions for what to wax with and what to use on the rubber surrounds on windows, door handles, keyless lock etc

thxs

I think some folks on here were also using Turtle Wax ICE on the trim. Haven't heard how it holds up though.

Use 303 Aerospace Protectant on the trim. It provides a UV protectant and isn't oily like other products such Armor All.

I have used Turtle Wax Ice on mine and have not had to fool with it since. Still as shinny as the day I applied it. I have some photos in my library. I really like the results on the paint, rubber and vinyl.

I use a silicone spray on all rubber around my wiring in the engine and around my widow/door seals... keeps them plyable and stops the drying out and cracking...

Heather,

I used the Ice, I have not been able to get the Detailer locally, Going to order from the INTERNET. The Ice was very easy to apply and remove and put a shine on everything except the windows and most of all it put a smile on my face. I was getting so frustrated trying to find something to give my plastic/vinyl and rubber a new look. So far the Ice is holding up great. It's been on about a month and been through some pretty nasty storms and allot of nasty birds that must be dead now after unloading that much crap on my Trac.

Latest posts