Driver's window fell off track....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last week, while plowing my driveway, I went to roll down the window. There was a little resistance because it was cold out and there was some ice buildup. I didn't force the issue and waited until things defrosted a bit. I tried again later...gave it a shot and voila, right off the track and wobbling all over. I was able to get out and hold the window kind of in place with two hands while my wife pushed the up button. It's holding in place now, but no way to use the window. Anyone had this happen? Easy fix? Parts involved? Any help appreciated.

You have to pull the door panel, fill the C-channel with an epoxy that sticks to glass, realign the glass and reseat it, and then roll the window up and leave it there for a couple of days while the epoxy dries.

A mobile windshield repair service near me came out & fixed my son's drivers door windoe [off track] '05 for $60, new rivots & glue[sealant], I realize that doesn't help you, but gives you an idea of whom to look to if you can't or don't want to fool w/it yourself. My local Ford dealer wanted over $400, they said it was too labor intense to repair & wouldn't hold & just as cheap to replace, glad I got a 2nd opinion.

Latest posts