Driver's side lock broken

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Geist

Reaction score
My drivers side door won't lock when I use the power lock feature. I have to manually push it down for it to lock. However, it will unlock.

Any suggestions to my problem. I've taken the door panel off and felt around...sprayed WD-40 all over the place and nothing. Thanks.

The power lock is attached to the door via a large rivet and a U-bracket that holds the power lock actuator.

Often, the rivet breaks or the motor pops out of the brackets.

It will normally lock or unlock but not go the other way due to how it is mounted.

You can not fix it without removing the panel and it is very hard to tell if this is the issue without removing the panel as well.

It mounts very low on the door on the same edge as the door latch assembly. You can see the rivet from the outside but you really can't do anything with it from there....

I have to check on the rivet. I read that in another post but it seemed like it was for a different problem. Thanks for the advise. I'll check it out in the next couple of days.