Driver Side Power Window Fix

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
At first my driver side window would only work when my door was closed, then stopped working all together. My first thought was it was a switch or motor but then remembered that when I had a driver side door lock that wouldn't work it ended up being a broken wire in the driver side door wire harness under the rubber boot in the door jam. So I poked around in the bundle of wires again and found a broken red wire. I spliced it back together and all is good I can once again get my DnD coffee with out having to open the door at the drive threw.:haveabeer:

You came out much better than I did. Windows (all) were intermittently not working. They finally quit completely halfway down, on the first day of three days of heavy rain. Went to dealer, please identify problem and raise windows. They raised the windows and diagnosed that the drivers side switch was totally out. $90 for trouble shooting. It was necessary to replace the whole switch. $120 plus.

I purchased the switch through my son, Ford mechanic 200 miles from my home. When I arrived to have him install the switch and recounted all I had been told at the dealership. He told me that the tech probably didn't have any idea what was wrong and they were blowing smoke. (An interim update was he traced the wire all the way back to the main block and there was no breaks or chafing.) If the switch was bad why was he tracing a wire?

Their tech and manager were less than fully honest, and I own two perfectly good switches.

Sorry, duplicate post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts