Driver Door Lock

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Bandy

Reaction score
My driver's side door lock isn't working properly. It will unlock with the key fob and the door pad and the button on the inside of the door. However, it will not lock. It goes up... but won't go down, so to speak.:bwahaha:

So, the door will unlock, but it will not lock. It's kind of a pain in the butt. I guess it would be worse if it was the other way around...:banghead:

I'm thinking I'm going to have to take the door panel off to check the actuator. My first thought was that the bar that moves the lock fell/came off. But then the door wouldn't lock OR unlock... right?

I don't think it could be a fuse, b/c there's not a separate fuse for locking and unlocking the doors... is there?

Any help/response will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Jimmy:driving:

Either actuator or sticking. Pull door panel and lube moving parts. If that doesnt help. Replace actuator while panel is off.

Mine did this same thing and it was the actuator. It had broken lose from its mount. Part was not that expensive, but I ended up having the dealer replace it as I could not get my big hand in there easily and not knowing the exact layout inside the door (you cant see once you put your arm in there), it was worth the hours labor.

Can't say why it would unlock but not lock, evidently it would hit something underneath itself so it could push the lock arm up, but when it tried to pull down, it just pulled itself up.

Latest posts