Drilling Holes in CAT

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Park 2

Reaction score
One of my friends have drilled holes in his cats on his wrangler to make it louder and it is.

I wanted to know if it was safe to drill holes in the ST cats. and which cats should I drill holes in IF it is safe to do. I do not care for emissions because i'm getting high flow cats soon but not that soon. should I drill holes in the cats or the pre-cats?

Driling holes in the housing, will just cause exhaust leaks....drilling through the catylyst brick may cause it to loosen up and start rattling...eventually it will come apart and plug the exhaust...

i would not drill holes in a cat on the ST it may be messy and might scratch the paint:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Drilling holes in the cat could allow carbon monoxide to seep into the cabin of the truck and pose a health risk. In addition, your vehicle would no longer pass a state safety inspection, and who's to say 'louder' is actually better?

Yeah, you can do anything you want. But that doesn't make it a good idea. LOL I would just cut the pipes at the headers and stick on a couple cherry bombs.

Exhaust leaks are fun...:D I used to have a cutout, but my dad kept bugging me it could get in the cab, so I got it dumped out the side. Get a Hi-Flow Y-pipe and remove the muffler, and you'll have all the loud you want, and then some...Just ask the Louisville attendees :lol:

had cut outs on my 66 mustang dam loud just bad a** at night when you say the blue flames under the car

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts