DPFE Sensor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Need a tip..... I'm replacing my DPFE sensor and I need to know, what's the secret to removing the rubber hoses ftom the sensor? When I do a job like this the rubber hose always seems to be stuck on. Any secrets to breaking them loose?

Thanks.

I got a pick, and slid it in the side gentley and then twist the DPFE sensor and it came loose, to where I could finally pull it off.

Boodro

Robbie, I don't have a DPFE in front of me but if there is a rubber hose that is not easy to slip off, I find that by using a pliers and "twisting" the hose portion attached to the tube. The adhesion usually is broken and the hose can be removed by just sliding it off. I find that this works on heater hoses, vacuum lines, etc. Hope this helps.

I had to cut one of my tubes short when I replaced my sensor..... part of the old sensor broke off in it...where can I find that kind of tubing?...any ideas?

Just take it too any place that would have regular garden hose or take the tube to a auto store IE autozone, advance auto or anything local.