DPFE Sensor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Holley

Reaction score
Well,

My "Check Engine" light is on..I took it to a local Ford Dealer for other items, as well as that. It turns out it's the infamous DPFE valve. Mine is an '02, with 45,000 miles. I have an extended warranty, but of course those don't cover emmisions systems...so, I read somewhere on here that Ford should cover that for additional 2 years or something? any help is appreciated, as the service center wants 350$ to replace it!?!?!

Thanks to all for any help!

Mark

Does anyone have a copy of the letter with thte extended warranty on the DPFE? I would like to call my dealer and get mine fixed?

Thanks!

Mark

I do not have the letter, but I had the same thing happen several weeks ago. The dealer (Village Ford, Dearborn, MI) fixed it for no charge, no questions asked, and I am out of my warranty -- 75,000.

I will check the paperwork from that and see if there is a number or something I can give you.:rolleyes:

Change it your self....

Todd Z[Broken External Image]:

I found the paperwork from when my dealer fixed this under warranty, but it didn't seem to reference any number relating specifically to the extended warranty for this part. Sorry.

:(

Latest posts