DPFE Sensor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conrad AlbertoJr

Reaction score
Ok, my DPFE sensor crapped out on me AGAIN :fire: (P1401 & P0401). This is the 3rd one that has failed. The one that came with the trac from the factory lasted about 6 years, the 2nd one last a little over a year, and this last one a little over a year as well. When the 2nd one failed, I also replaced the EGR thinking there was no way the DPFE sensor was at fault. Obviously I was wrong. I read on an old post that there were reliability issues with non motorcraft sensors.

My questions are:

A) Have any others had these reliability issues and if so, were they specific to parts from a particular store?

B) Does 63 bucks sound about right to everyone for a part from the dealer?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had poor results with generic DPFE's. I bought my last Motorcraft DPFE on eBay for $40 (free shipping). It's doing fine after a Wisconsin winter and this humid, hot summer.

I too have been through 4 DPFE sensors. Original, 2nd was from dealer, 3rd was a cheapo generic(w/EGR valve), and now a mid priced aftermarket ($32). I have a 2002 that has 85,000 miles. I firmly believe that all cars have a weak spot that seems unusually prone to failure. I had a 1966 Mustang that went through 4 new radiators in 120,000 miles.

I just ordered from Amazon.com for $59.50 (Motorcraft DPFE15 ) along with the hose Motorcraft KCV190 for $20.77 with free shipping. I don't have time to shop around because of school, but these are the prices I found.