Down anyone know how to connect a front license bracket on the front bumper?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael A 2

Reaction score
First of all thanks to Torrie of Ford Parts Fast network for great customer service buying parts from his online store. A reliable operation he is running there. We recently had a minor accident in which the lower valence of the front bumper, side marker lamp, and front license bracket was damaged. I have repaired everything except for the license bracket which has been driving me nuts on how to connect this to the front bumper. Do I need any special tools for this? The supplied bolt and pin/rivet seems not to work. Any feedback would be highly appreciated.

I had mine pop off a couple years ago. When I was at a subsequent service appointment at a Ford dealership, they put it back on for free. They had a special pop rivet gun for the job. They said that the pop rivets used are designed specifically to break away rather easily, so that if the bumper hits something, it's the rivets, and not the bumper, that take the damage.

You may just want to stop by the service department of a dealer, and ask them if they can put it back on for you. Like I said, it was free for me, and I wouldn't be surprised if it would be free for you too.

When I rear ended someone a while back all I lost was my license plate. her car got %$^ed up, but i just had to re attach the holder.

i did it with the spacers you use when you are screwing something into drywall.. find the right screw/spacer combo and you'll never have it come off again.

I removed mine. Used a plain black frame. Screwed it on the bumper. Looks alot cleaner.

[Broken External Image]:

Cheap pop-rivet gun with a washer behind the bumper to give the rivet tail something to hold onto. Otherwise, a nut / bolt combo with a washer behind the bumper for more surface contact