doors automatically locking

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lance Cann

Reaction score

Thank God for the keyless entry pad on the door!

for the past couple of days here in Canada it has been stupid cold, and yesterday and today when I go out and start the truck to let it warm up, as I am walking away I hear the "clunk" of the doors locking! Is this just a product of -30c or is there something else going on?

I thought my tires had gone square and the door open reminder would not go out until the interior warmed up. You are right, its crazy cold here. Its -28 C this morning.

Gerry Mac

I live in South Florida where it's in the upper 80's. Last year I went to New England for the holidays and noticed the mileage display was responding very slooooowly. Never experienced that down here but - it's never that cold here.

Well, gotta go to the beach now to get some sun. Can't forget the sunblock.

Sorry, couldn't help it.:p

Those warm climate jerks! lol

I'm another Wpg'er here, and DAMN was it cold this morning. Went to -30C last night.

In regards to the locking. I can't use the keyless entry remote to lock the doors when the key is in the ignition, I have to leave the keys in the ignition and use the keypad on the door to unlock it.

In regards to the locking. I can't use the keyless entry remote to lock the doors when the key is in the ignition, I have to leave the keys in the ignition and use the keypad on the door to unlock it.

Is that just because of the cold, because I can lock with the keypad with the keys in and engine running just fine.

If you dial the code while driving even, the doors unlock, and can be relocked...same with the key fob. Thanks Ford for not restricting us.

Though the panic button doesn't work with the car on :( That would be kind of cool, provided the panic button doesn't disable the car (I don't know if it does), though stupid, and I can see why that would be stock-blocked by Ford.

It's 51 degrees here with light wind and it is perfect. Gotta love that temperate climate :p

I have no clue why it does that. I don't think it's a winter issue. Ever since I've had the ST it's done that. If the truck is running, the fob doesn't work. Only the keypad. There might be a code to set, but I dunno.

Winnipeg forecast for tonight.

Tonight Clear. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 29. Wind chill minus 39 overnight.

Nothing like a typical winter evening in Winnipeg.

I was recently having the same issue and I live in central Florida. This was about June so it definately wasn't cold. Also, my tach was acting up. Turns out it was a bad battery. Someone else here suggested it might be the battery and when I had it checked it was only putting out 115 amps. Put in a new battery and it solved all the quirks. Hope this helps!!