Door won't open

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Hallum

Reaction score
My 02 ST the two back doors won't open from the inside . I have worked the child locks both way and it doesn't help. You can open from the out side . I know this is a common problem. Is the inside door handle ya'll are replacing or the lactching mechimes in side the door. One door it seens like the latch and the other it is the inside door handle that not working. Does any one have a symthic they can post for the inside of the door. Will a 02 explorer parts work. The wrecking yard may a wreck one. I can get parts off of.

thanks

thomas

common problem.... your inside door handles are fubar... The sponsors or your local Ford dealer will sell them for <$20 each, Less if you complain... takes about 1/2 hr per door to change...

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to Auto Zone bought 2 inside door lactches for $21.00 . Thought one door lactch was ok , but some else was the cause of door not opening but put in new one and door started working and now both door are working..

Thanks for the Infro. & help

thomas