Door Sill

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike burns 3

Reaction score
Anyone else having a problem with the rubber shield on the bottom of the door rubbing the paint from their door sills? Mine is on all 4 doors. I guess is the dirt road I live on.

Thinking about trying some of that door sill coating or tape. Looks like it will work but not sure if that stuff sticks that well. Anyone have experience using it?

Mike as you said, it may be the dirt doing it. Or the seals are loose enough. So when you close the door. The seal allows slight metal to metal contact.

I havent had any problems myself.

My detail shop uses that stuff. I called Don to ask and its available in many shapes from headlights to hoods and mirrors. Its a clear plastic that's about 8mils thick. He also said if the paint is already damaged, it may not be worth it until its repaired(repainted and door gaskets fixed). But other wise, its good stuff! Bob

PS: The film is available through detail shops, online and some auto parts stores. Best thing would be to google "automotive protective film".

Latest posts