door problems

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Purdy

Reaction score
I have a 03 ST. Last night the drivers door would not unlock with the remote opener all other doors unlocked. I got in through the passenger door and used the door handle to open the drivers door. I clicked the door lock switch several times coming home after work and the door locks operated ok. This morning the same issue but the door wont open using the inside handle and the lock knob wont pull up with using pliers. The lock doesn't click when using either of the remote openers. Can't unlock the door with the key. Don't know how to get door open to even work on it HELP!.

Unbolt and move the seat to remove the panel? Only possible failures are the door latch, linkages, or actuator.

Highly recommend disconnecting the battery. Air bags can be very dangerous. Stay posted. :supercool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a similar failure on the pass door, the pop rivet that holds the actuator to the door sheered off and the Actuator got stuck on the window track would not allow the door to unlock. Once you get the door unlocked check the pop rivet its at the back edge of the door just past the door panel you can see it without taking anything off.

Latest posts