Door Panel ??? 07 ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remove the cover from the side section of the armrest - 2 screws in there.

Remove the cover from the side section of the pull handle - 2 screws there.

These two covers are just pop on and offs.

Remove the 2 screws from the bottom of the door panel.

Lift up and unplug electrical connections.

Depending on what you are doing, you might have to unhook the door latch bar also, but if you are just removing to change speakers, etc, that is not needed.

I am still looking, waiting on crutchfield to but then on sale but I think I am going with the z3

just do not want to pay 1799.00

If you can find a NEW Z1 or Z2 for a really good price then go with that and buy the upgraded 60gb Z3 Hard Drive for $137 which makes it a Z3. I have the AVIC-Z1 but I bought an upgrade 60gb hard drive that has the Z3 software with the 2008 maps so it's now a Z3. Only difference between the Z1, Z2, and Z3 is the software. :cool:

I have an 07 ST, I installed an AVIC D3 and I have had JL audio XR570-CXi as well as a JL audio a6450 6 channel amp as well as a RF 10" sub, I love the sound of JL audio speakers.

I probably had those Door panels off 15 times over a 6 month period, they come off easy, 2 screws behind the handle, and 2 or 3 screws along the bottom, then pull strait up an inch or so.

Putting them back on, just line up the clips, and just drop it down lightliy, then tap in the top and replace the screws.

I would recommend some sound deadening while you have them out, the plastic vibrates a bit. good luck.

I just got done installing the JL audio C2-570x's and I am very happy with them they sound a lot better the the stock ones and I did not know that the front speakers had the tweeter and mid separate.

Latest posts