DOOR LOCKS

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Roi

Reaction score
Help I feel like i'm losing my mind. I just bought an 07 Sport Trac this week and when I lock the doors with the remote and hear the horn chirp and see the lock buttons go down its locked. I check back 1 hour later and all doors are unlocked. This has occured 3 times in 2 days, i am puzzled as to how this could happen. tomorrow I will sit in the truck and lock all doors and wait to see what is going on. any other suggestions would help

What do you do with your remote after locking the doors? If your dropping it into your pocket, the unlock button could be getting bumped......just a thought.

try hitting the button only once to lock all doors. I never have the horn beep. That's only unless I forget to lock it on the door before walking away. We often use the keypad also, have you tried that?

Sometimes on my '04 I acidently unlock the doors. Or set of the panic alarm. Happens when I sit down with my keys in my pocket or I lean up against something..

Eddie,

Me too, there have been several times I've set off my panic alarm by accident with my keys in my pocket. Sometimes at work and also while the truck was in my garage and I was somewhere else in the house.

Thanks for all your suggestions both remotes are sitting on the table, it is unlocking by itself even if I lock the truck with the button on the door handle, this happend again at 3 and 4 this morning nobody anywhere around

Ratter,

Since it doesn't seem to be due to the Remote's, I'd take it back to the dealer and have them fix the problem.

I'd be fearful of driving anywhere and parking it and taking a chance of it being unlocked for any given amount of time.

For tonite I have removed the batteries from both remotes on the chance there is a short in one of them and see what happens in the morning.

Well it's not the remotes, I have been out 3xs in 2 hours to relock the truck.

When I go out and find it unlocked I can hear a clicking sound. like the locks are either trying to relock or unlock Im not sure which. Best get it off to the dealer to get it resolved.

Sounds like the module is bad.....

Todd Z

Went out this morning to take it to the dealer and it was still locked. Thought this was great but when I went to start it the batterie is flat and it won't turnover.:angry:

do you have an aftermarket autostart??

i had the same problem after i put one in...and once i got it taken out...it stopped doing it. For some reason i would hear the doors unlock and at times it was happening about 4 times a minute...it burnt out my actuators.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turns out there is an aftermarket remote start that is draining the battery(good call mattyb) and making the door locks act wonky. Since I have no key fob for remote start ,I am having it removed and hope that solves the problem. Thanks for all the ideas and suggestions, great site will be here often now that I am a recent Sport Trac owner.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts