Door lock problem

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Bartman

Reaction score
Hello I have a problem with my driver side door lock , the key won't open the door , for a while you could wiggle the key back and forth and it would open but now it won't open with the key but it will open with the key fob and with the buttons in side , I sprayed the lock with deicer/lubracant but that didn't help is there something inside the door that needs to be lubbed ?

Probably the door latch mechanism itself.

The lock does nothing more than move parts on the mechanism. To get to it to do it the very best way, you should remove the door panel.

Once you get it nice and lubed up, you can always give it touch ups from the outside to keep it operating..

I'm having the same problem with mine, the only exception is if I lock the driver's door with the fob it wont unlock with the fob(the others wil no matter what). Now if I shut the door and then press the buttons on the pad on the outside of the door(for some reason the name escapes me) the driver's door will unlock most times. It didnt start this until winter so I havnt had time to tear into it.

Latest posts