Door Lock/Power Window switches Moveable?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rahul Sharma

Reaction score
From the drivers side door, can the Door Lock and Power Window switches be relocated to somewhere on the inside? Like in the center console?

If new "plugs" were purchased from Ford can the wires be spliced, be routed through the door and this be acomplished? i want to get rid of the electrical switches from the doors...

Oh, i guess i'd also like to move the side view mirror switch as well.....

Don't see why it couldn't be done. It will take a lot of work, though. Are you going to just remove the front door switches or all of them?

yes they can be.. you just have to re-run all the wires from the door to the console. it would be a pain in the a$$ but it can be done

thanks for the input guys, was just wondering if it could be done. i am looking at re-doing my door panels to hold components (fiberglass) and will then probably like to get rid of the electrical from all the doors by just doing the drivers side switches. it'll control all 4 windows and powerlock, and too bad for the rear seat passengers if they can't put thier window down when they want to...

it's all a part of an elaborate plan i have now that i feel comfortable with fiberglass....

new door panels all around, 40/40 seats in the back, trac completely sound deadened, and a custom fiberglass console from front to back that will house the electrical upfront, and a monitor in the middle and 2 subs in the rear.... pretty ambitious, but i'm really planning this thing out....

i'd really like to have all the gray leather interior converted to black leather....seats, door panels, dash....lets see where this goes!

Latest posts